Ella Mae Stith Stephens
Return to Stith page. Return to Stith Valley home page.
Ancestry of Ella Mae Stith
Descendents of Ella Mae Stith Stephens information from Janet Stephens
Some details added July 2011 from Diane Druckenmiller based on notes from Mae Stephens during a visit before Mae died.
Ella Mae Stith (b. 05 Jan. 1883 in Kentucky d. 18 July 1965 in Sparta, Dearborn, Indiana) married Frank Neville Stephens (b. 31 May 1879 Pendleton Co. Kentucky, d. June 1932 in Indiana) 18 May 1901 in Covington, Kentucky. Frank N. Stephens is a son of Rev. Thomas Stephens (b. 1830 in Kentucky d. 1916 in Kentucky) and Isabelle Wolf (b. abt 1845 in Kentucky, d. 1906 in Kentucky) Ella Mae Stith Stephens and Frank Neville Stephens are buried in Highland Cemetery in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky.
Children of Ella Mae Stith and Frank Neville Stephens
1. Charles A. Stephens born: 1902
2. Mae Stephens born: 22 December 1904 married John Willard Shipp on 14 Jan 1923
John Ship born 18 June 1889 in Morgan, Ky. Mae Stephens was born in Pheasant Ridge,
Pendleton City, Kentucky. 2 adopted sons:
1. Kline Shipp (a doctor) m. Nora
2. Darl Shipp m. Linda
3. Fred William Stephens (born: 26 June 1906 in Kentucky. died: 08 April 1966 Lincoln, Lancaster, Nebraska. Delayed Birth Certificate has Lexington, KY as birth place. The man the portrait.
Fred William Stephens married first Opal Thomas in about 1926. This marriage ended in divorce sometime in the 1930s. Fred W. Stephens married second Gladys Augusta Putnam 06 April 1946 in Olathe, Kansas. Gladys Putnam (b. 25, Nov. 1905 in Wapanuka, Johnston County, Oklahoma; d. 06, Mar 1981 in Lincoln, Lancaster, Nebraska.) Both Fred and Gladys are buried in Wyuka Cemetery in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Click photo to enlarge.
Children of Fred W. Stephens and Opal Thomas:
1. Clarence N. Stephens b. 1928 d. 2004
2. Edward A. Stephens b. 1930 d. 1992
Children of Fred W. Stephens and Gladys A. Putnam:
4. Orville F. born: 1911
5. Lillian J. born: 1914
6. Woodrow C. born: 1919